NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Even if what Fraser and Matthew are saying is true, which I'm not taking a stance on... what difference does it make? I don't see how it makes the league appear poor in any light, nor am I sure whose observations we are worried about? We have a GM interested in swapping teams who has been loyal to the league, and to fill in a role that has been difficult to fill to this point. We'll have an easier time filling a team which is a bit more built up like Lee's current one than an empty cupboard type.

I think too many here might have personal issues with league members and allow that to cloud how they determine what is best for the league, and at the end of the day its a fantasy hockey league.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Fraser wroteCOLONTaking a team from shit to mediocre in this league is easy. But taking that next step to being a contender is way harder. I can see why your pushing for this so hard. You blew your load on the current build, you had the deepest prospect pool in the league got impatient and sold too early. Now you are completely dry to further improve it and have nowhere to go so you've built up this whoe idea that you are a "rebuilder" who needs another new roster to start with becuase you dont want to face the reality that you need to tear some of this one down to try and move forward. Which isa tough thing no doubt. But stand by your team and stop with this bullshit. Its getting really tiresome to keep reading.

You're really off the mark if you think that last year was the ceiling for Philly. The vast majority of my team is under 24 years old. I have the best goaltender in the world for the next 5+ seasons.

While I may not have a team full of future potential superstars, I have a team full of current actual superstars. Maybe not full but 9/12 f and 4/6 D aint bad ;)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I have no personal issues with Lee, Josh. You and I just have different takes on what is best for the league.

Not one 60 point forward and not one 30 point dman last season. Hardly superstars. But yes, best goalie.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONEven if what Fraser and Matthew are saying is true, which I'm not taking a stance on... what difference does it make? I don't see how it makes the league appear poor in any light, nor am I sure whose observations we are worried about? We have a GM interested in swapping teams who has been loyal to the league, and to fill in a role that has been difficult to fill to this point. We'll have an easier time filling a team which is a bit more built up like Lee's current one than an empty cupboard type.

I think too many here might have personal issues with league members and allow that to cloud how they determine what is best for the league, and at the end of the day its a fantasy hockey league.

Yeah, some people power trip over the smallest amount of power imaginable.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Yea fair points Josh. I suppose my issue stems from unwarranted superiority being projected, when all I can see is someone unwilling to finish what they started. Does the league benefit more from having competent people building our worst teams, or does it benefit more from having people dedicated to try and disrupt the few elite teams currently at the top. Thats something for the CC to decide.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Fraser wroteCOLONYea fair points Josh. I suppose my issue stems from unwarranted superiority being projected, when all I can see is someone unwilling to finish what they started. Does the league benefit more from having competent people building our worst teams, or does it benefit more from having people dedicated to try and disrupt the few elite teams currently at the top. Thats something for the CC to decide.
Yeah that's what I'm saying though, being annoyed with how Lee is projecting himself is a far cry from an argument for why its bad for the league though; and that is what I mean when I say sometimes things become personal rather than productive. I also agree we have too many tankers on a yearly basis and it is bad for the league and activity in general but other than sanctioning competitiveness (which is counter-productive and mostly impossible) I'm not sure what can be done
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Matthew wroteCOLONI have no personal issues with Lee, Josh. You and I just have different takes on what is best for the league.

Not one 60 point forward and not one 30 point dman last season. Hardly superstars. But yes, best goalie.
You're the kinda guy who goes on HF posting in every thread he see's that Phil Kessel has never scored 40 goals. You're right, Career high of 37.

Matty D with 59 points last year
Huber with 59

Dumba - Lindholm Myers with 26-28 last season.. To be fair, Myers was an off season acq.

Notice a trend in the ages of those players? Myers is the grizzled veteran at the age of 26. Dumba and Lindholm are 22.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Lee prove em wrong. Make a winner. Lose to me in the finals in 2018. It will be great.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Fraser wroteCOLONYea fair points Josh. I suppose my issue stems from unwarranted superiority being projected, when all I can see is someone unwilling to finish what they started. Does the league benefit more from having competent people building our worst teams, or does it benefit more from having people dedicated to try and disrupt the few elite teams currently at the top. Thats something for the CC to decide.
Who says I am not dedicated? I will remain with Philly if that's the decision yet again and I will make them the best team that they can be.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Lee wroteCOLON
Who says I am not dedicated? I will remain with Philly if that's the decision yet again and I will make them the best team that they can be.
No I'm saying the opposite. You are dedicated. And thats why we need you to keep making this team better. In my opinion the league health is suffering if Mike and Steve continue to bitch slap as all every year. We need more top teams and yours was on its way to becoming one. So don't quit now.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Fraser wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON
No I'm saying the opposite. You are dedicated. And thats why we need you to keep making this team better. In my opinion the league health is suffering if Mike and Steve continue to bitch slap as all every year. We need more top teams and yours was on its way to becoming one. So don't quit now.

I agree in the sense that we need more top teams and less "rebuilders", I'm guilty of that as well.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I take issue with the assumption that no one wants NJD but everyone wants PHI. If we had a great GM who would only join the league if he could take PHI then maybe it would be worth the discussion but switching teams on the assumption PHI will be easier to fill I don't agree with. The issue we have right now is we have no one recruiting for the open spot. I brought in Devily, Musso and Tim. Devily and Musso decided the league wasn't for them and Tim is only interested in Vegas. I also brought in Koomz and Foofnik who are contributing members. We could use some help with recruiting if anyone wants to ask ppl in other leagues or on hockey forums.

I leave for a course Sun until DEC 21st and while I will still be around I won't have the free time I have had this Summer to do things like recruit.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

I think i've been banned from recruiting after Devin2001 lol. I've tried a couple people but despite them both being quality candidates they don't have the ... i dunno ? Time management skills to get into this league.

My eye is open though!
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

I will try to find interest in a couple of the circles I'm still a part of. Difficult as this is my strongest connection to hockey I have, but Ill see what I can do.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Bruyns wroteCOLONI take issue with the assumption that no one wants NJD but everyone wants PHI. If we had a great GM who would only join the league if he could take PHI then maybe it would be worth the discussion but switching teams on the assumption PHI will be easier to fill I don't agree with. The issue we have right now is we have no one recruiting for the open spot. I brought in Devily, Musso and Tim. Devily and Musso decided the league wasn't for them and Tim is only interested in Vegas. I also brought in Koomz and Foofnik who are contributing members. We could use some help with recruiting if anyone wants to ask ppl in other leagues or on hockey forums.

I leave for a course Sun until DEC 21st and while I will still be around I won't have the free time I have had this Summer to do things like recruit.
we lost Devily?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Leading up to the start of the season is when interest in fantasy hockey should spike. Even advertising on HF or Dobber would likely yield some good candidates.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

"Hey man,

I'm bowing out, but I just wanted to say thanks for the help. I honestly
appreciated it. Besides a few of the ADHL'ers, and a handful of others like
yourself I don't really mesh well, and I feel like I'm a pretty open and
sociable guy who can take a joke and a good ribbing, but it's just not a
fun environment--and the way some people here speak to me, it's just not
how I want to spend my free time. Too many guys here are just crotchety and
ornery and it just wasn't fun, and too be honest, I was spending waaaaay
too much time with this fantasy hockey stuff anyways. Thanks for a fun
couple of days man. I was alt-tabbing at work like a crazy man. Have a good
one, and good luck this year."

Here is what he told Matthew, it's too bad as he would have been a solid addition.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Fucking scrub thought this was a game for fun.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Pathetic
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Damn.

Who was talking a blockbuster with him? I'm curious. We had a deal if his blockbuster fell through.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to