NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Robin Hood »

Matthew wroteCOLONSo ya, shiv wins that trade.
Never doubt me.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Also, MTL and EDM are a joke.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Robin Hood wroteCOLON
Never doubt me.
I don't think anyone doubted you, consensus seemed to be the trade wasn't close to fair and the 1st add wasnt needed.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

thom54 wroteCOLONwell ... watch out for NSH !
8-)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLONMatthews kinda looks like kopitar, but a bit uglier.
lol at matthews looking like kopitar or even uglier!
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

I want Nash to go to Nashville. Nash-ville. Jokes.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Weber is under contract until 41 and the contract has cap recapture penalties if he doesn't play it out. The bad deal could get even worse for MTL in the future.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Mildly disappointed the Wings could attract Stamkos. If you go by most credible sources, he wanted to stay and I think the Lightning keep him and get a hometown discount. He's obviously high on what he's got going on in Tampa.

From a Wings perspective...freeing up the cap space didn't guarantee you'd get him. It just made them a credible option. I just don't want them to spend for the sake of spending. My fear is that they spend just because they don't want the playoff streak to end as they close The Joe.

Long term health of the franchise says they might just need to take a step back because their aging vets aren't good enough anymore. There's no difference makers in free agency now. Kenny's best route to improve this team is through trade and he's usually very conservative when pursuing big ticket items then he goes off trades a 1st for Kyle Quincey.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
Robin Hood wroteCOLON
Never doubt me.
I don't think anyone doubted you, consensus seemed to be the trade wasn't close to fair and the 1st add wasnt needed.
What Matt said
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

At this price monk didn't even need to move stamkos.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

From Nashville's perspective, why did they do this deal? I'd rather have Weber right now over Subban as far as all-around play. They do get out of Weber's looooong term deal but they didn't get the better player. With 10 years left on Weber's deal and Subban's deal has 6 years...odds are you'll get the better years from Subban as a 27 year old.

Subban will be young enough to be able to ring the bell one more time since he'll be in his early 30s when he's a UFA. Weber basically has signed his last NHL contract. Doubtful that Weber is still a $7 million player in his later years.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLONAt this price monk didn't even need to move stamkos.

That was the obvious risk of doing the deal from his perspective.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONFrom Nashville's perspective, why did they do this deal? I'd rather have Weber right now over Subban as far as all-around play. They do get out of Weber's looooong term deal but they didn't get the better player. With 10 years left on Weber's deal and Subban's deal has 6 years...odds are you'll get the better years from Subban as a 27 year old.

Subban will be young enough to be able to ring the bell one more time since he'll be in his early 30s when he's a UFA. Weber basically has signed his last NHL contract. Doubtful that Weber is still a $7 million player in his later years.

You are in the minority if you believe Weber is better than Subban next season.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONFrom Nashville's perspective, why did they do this deal? I'd rather have Weber right now over Subban as far as all-around play. They do get out of Weber's looooong term deal but they didn't get the better player.
Subban has been a better player than Weber for a while
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Analytics...gross.

I don't think it's a wide gap between the two but I guess I don't get why a Canadiens fan should be disappointed.

LeBrun pointed out the Preds are on the hook for Weber's recapture.

Subban-Josi will be a fun duo...assuming they play together.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONAnalytics...gross.

I don't think it's a wide gap between the two but I guess I don't get why a Canadiens fan should be disappointed.

LeBrun pointed out the Preds are on the hook for Weber's recapture.

Subban-Josi will be a fun duo...assuming they play together.
What's wrong with analytics? Not saying they should be the sole method of evaluating a player, but ignoring them completely doesn't make any sense. Weber isn't good at shot suppression or possession at this point in his career and that is backed up by statistics. Weber is a good player, but just because he has an amazing slap shot and is named to Olympic and World Cup teams and Subban isn't doesn't equal him being the better player.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONFrom Nashville's perspective, why did they do this deal? I'd rather have Weber right now over Subban as far as all-around play. They do get out of Weber's looooong term deal but they didn't get the better player. With 10 years left on Weber's deal and Subban's deal has 6 years...odds are you'll get the better years from Subban as a 27 year old.

You are in the minority if you believe Weber is better than Subban next season.

lack of understanding of those stats is becoming rampant.Corsi REL is IMO an over-simplistic way of measuring how a player is in driving possession compared to the rest of their team. Super easy stat to use out of context, which it is being used at in this one thread example.

Weber's OZS% is 27...the lowest among all defensemen with over 1600 minutes played last season. Subban, by comparison, had an OZS% of 43.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

I heard that Weber's defensive game isn't the same and he wasn't the same Shea Weber towards the end of the year. I don't watch Nashville but this seems to be the popular opinion from the eye test as well, if you don't like analytics for whatever reason. Still a great player but maybe not the same presence he used to be in his own end.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

How so? The above chart is very simple, it is shot attempts for and against at even strength when Weber is on the ice as opposed to when he is on the bench. The Predators allowed way more shots when Weber was on the ice in comparison to other D on the Preds, it isn't something that can be argued it is a fact.

I would say a lack of understanding of stats is still rampant in that it causes people to severely overrate and underrate players too so it goes both ways. It's why Martin might get 3+M because he hits people even though he isn't worth that.

Also I have heard the same thing Arian and I have heard it go as far as Preds fans not wanting to protect Weber just to get out from under that contract, I think that is overkill, but it shows that some in their fanbase think he is still be valued on the "Weber" name and not on his play.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Kessel bringing the Cup to Toronto!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to