Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by kimmer »

kyuss wroteCOLONnot exactly the best evidence to suggest he will do wonders there :P
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Dubnyk, price, rinne get vezina nominations

Price wins
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
LeanMachine
PostsCOLON 938
JoinedCOLON Wed May 28, 2014 7:16 pm
CONTACTCOLON

Post by LeanMachine »

I agree Price wins because of media hype.

in reality Rinne should win. NSH had ZERO business being in the payoffs this year.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

LeanMachine wroteCOLONI agree Price wins because of media hype.

in reality Rinne should win. NSH had ZERO business being in the payoffs this year.
Check out Dubnyk's and Minnesota's numbers before and after his arrival.

In reality, Dubnyk should be the hands down Hart Trophy Winner, not just the Vezina winner.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

u sure about that?

tbh, their forward acquisition in Ribby and Neal brought a lot more than people think
Neal had an off-season, but still in his prime and full season probably netted him close to slightly south of 35 goal mark but missed several games
Ribby contributed to his playoff-experience success throughout regular season. 62 pts in a full season as a 35 yr old is pretty impressive. Weber being Weber (World's arguable #1 d-man) pairing perfectly with Josi (whom grew a ton this year - having one of the best years of his career, certainly doesn't make losing Suter such a bad thing). Ekholm/Lindholm/Vatanen improving swiftly as well they make up a large part of that bottom 4 defensive core is good to see as well.

Lastly, Filip Forsberg? hello?

NSH just had everything going right and Rinne was solid as ever - but they definitely deserve to be in the playoffs
LeanMachine
PostsCOLON 938
CONTACTCOLON

Post by LeanMachine »

Shep wroteCOLON

In reality, Dubnyk should be the hands down Hart Trophy Winner, not just the Vezina winner.
definitely not saying Dubynk was driftwood. Played well, but the team in front if him played even better in my opinion. The thing in MIN always had a great team on paper. They just didn't figure it out till later on in the season.
LeanMachine
PostsCOLON 938
CONTACTCOLON

Post by LeanMachine »

kimmer wroteCOLON

u sure about that?

tbh, their forward acquisition in Ribby and Neal brought a lot more than people think
Neal had an off-season, but still in his prime and full season probably netted him close to slightly south of 35 goal mark but missed several games
Ribby contributed to his playoff-experience success throughout regular season. 62 pts in a full season as a 35 yr old is pretty impressive. Weber being Weber (World's arguable #1 d-man) pairing perfectly with Josi (whom grew a ton this year - having one of the best years of his career, certainly doesn't make losing Suter such a bad thing). Ekholm/Lindholm/Vatanen improving swiftly as well they make up a large part of that bottom 4 defensive core is good to see as well.

Lastly, Filip Forsberg? hello?

NSH just had everything going right and Rinne was solid as ever - but they definitely deserve to be in the playoffs
Yup. Good argument. My point is if you compared the skater assets of MIN-NSH-MTL how would you rank them? It should come into consideration when picking the Vezina.

Unfortunately I think the media decides.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

MIN is probably the more underrated team. Granlund seems to struggle a bit and streaky. Developing nicely though. Other than Parise there isnt much superstar power there. More confusing part is how NSH was able to make it this far without Fisher for such chunk of season
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

GM's vote on Vezna no?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

kimmer wroteCOLONMIN is probably the more underrated team. Granlund seems to struggle a bit and streaky. Developing nicely though. Other than Parise there isnt much superstar power there. More confusing part is how NSH was able to make it this far without Fisher for such chunk of season
He's been their best face off guy and is tied for 1st in points.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

476-508-48%

39 pts?

talking regular season really... the development of team leading up to playoffs
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Ah yeah, little more progression this year would have been nice.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

LeanMachine wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON

definitely not saying Dubynk was driftwood. Played well, but the team in front if him played even better in my opinion. The thing in MIN always had a great team on paper. They just didn't figure it out till later on in the season.
I disagree. They are a good team, but they were 11th in the conference when they got Dubnyk. He turned their season around. 27-9-2, 1.78 and .936 on Minnesota. That's incredible.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Dubby rocks
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shep wroteCOLON

Dubnyk is my goalie so i would love this in terms of value; however, i cannot agree with any player winning an award defined as "most valuable player to his team" when said player only played 40 games for that team.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

And I dont think Rinne should get the Vezina. He is even questionable for a nomination imo. Holtby put up near identical stats to Rinne on a team that i would characterize as less talented defensively. I think the Vezina is price, and the hart is up for a lot of debate.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Love Dubnyk. Helluva nice guy who got the screw job and worked his ass off to get where he is now. Awesome.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON

Dubnyk is my goalie so i would love this in terms of value; however, i cannot agree with any player winning an award defined as "most valuable player to his team" when said player only played 40 games for that team.

Assuming he is UFA this summer no? Wonder what kind of a contract he ends up with... same goes with Hamburglar and Darling (if they are FAs).

Also - re: Eric's post, between MIN-NSH-MTL, I'd take NSH's skaters hands down - unreal defence and three solid forward lines. I like Rinne, but i think his stats might actually be a little inflated; he hasn't looked good these playoffs at all... some real shyte goals. To be honest I'd probably put MTLs skaters last, i.e. Price wins Vezina and Hart hands down IMO.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

kyuss wroteCOLONnot exactly the best evidence to suggest he will do wonders there :P
Ya your right. A Stanley Cup, Cup final and Presidents trophy is a terrible resume. :roll:
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON

Assuming he is UFA this summer no? Wonder what kind of a contract he ends up with... same goes with Hamburglar and Darling (if they are FAs).

Also - re: Eric's post, between MIN-NSH-MTL, I'd take NSH's skaters hands down - unreal defence and three solid forward lines. I like Rinne, but i think his stats might actually be a little inflated; he hasn't looked good these playoffs at all... some real shyte goals. To be honest I'd probably put MTLs skaters last, i.e. Price wins Vezina and Hart hands down IMO.
Agreed MTL would easily be the least talented skaters for me. Without Price they are a bubble playoff team.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to