Give us hoffmann
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by KapG »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONLike the media pressure here for the Leafs is any bigger than that for the Yankees, dodgers, bosox, man united, cowboys, patriots etc etc. Such a fucking cop out.

This team is shit because its been built terribly.

Year in and year out
Right? I think its hilarious that our fans try to blame our media for this teams shortcomings.

The team/players and our upper management are all to blame for this mess, not the media.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

KapG wroteCOLON
dave1959 wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONLike the media pressure here for the Leafs is any bigger than that for the Yankees, dodgers, bosox, man united, cowboys, patriots etc etc. Such a fucking cop out.

This team is shit because its been built terribly.

Year in and year out
Right? I think its hilarious that our fans try to blame our media for this teams shortcomings.

The team/players and our upper management are all to blame for this mess, not the media.
i dont know, i think there's certainly a fine line there. The media tension is insane and i think over the course of time it takes it's toll on each and every player.

Just think about this, if your boss pointed out all of your short-comings day in and day out in front of everyone i'm sure none of us would perform to our best either.

Now, i also think a lot of the players suck, but the tension from the media certainly doesn't help.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Both coexist my brothers.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Steve I get what you are saying but what is the media to do? Its their job to sell subscriptions/newspapers and let's be honest. For one of the greater franchises in hockey history we sure haven't done a whole lot since they expanded from 6 teams...so its not like the media has much else to talk about lol. To be quite frank as well, I have to agree with most of what they are saying. Ain't no reason to try and sugarcoat this situation we are in right now. Also no reason to go and try and pump the players tires either. These are professionals making millions and millions of dollars. They should be able to handle the heat. If the Yankees were as embarrassing as us, or the bo Sox, or man united were, how do you think their media would treat them?

The players don't need to read anything these clowns write, in fact, I hope most don't. There may be the issue regarding interviews after games but If the guys really wanted they could just stonewall the media completely. Give them the marshawn lynch treatment. One word answers over and over. All they need to focus on is performing on the ice. Look at fat fucking Phil kessel. This mother fucker gets paid 7 mill or whatever it is and he can't even come into camp in tip top shape and here he is bitching at the media. Ughhh, Phil, worry about yourself and the many, many holes you have in your game.

Sorry for the long winded response and for what I only assume to be many typos (damn phone).
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

pretty sure the media is no worse in Toronto than it is in Montreal
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Montreal media is A TONNE classier and better than Toronto.... Lol trust me.... Maybe when it was 1999 but now it's a world different. League hated pk subban... Did u see the habs media jumping on that bandwagon?... Lol made him into a star instead. Habs know how to protect their players... Lol
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

and because Montreal is good so there is nothing to berate them for....
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

the Habs media sticks up for their players, the Toronto media beats them down.

Even if the leafs play a perfect game they find faults in kessel, dion, etc....

"kessel should have scored 7 goals tonight"

"dion could have saved the shutout if he blocked webers shot and broke his leg"
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Also KapG bro I do get what u mean. Let's shift and compartmentalize focus properly.

What I hate the media on isn't the primary correlating factor to leafs collapse and poor play. Ur right it is the way they've built them.
What I stress about he retard media in Toronto is that we HAVE to find the few bad apples in this media organization groups who veer off HOCKEY RELATED TALK and make useless non hockey topics just do they can make a fuckin topic out of fuck all to gain attention/misleading fame thru how the fans react. One fact u gotta unfortunately assume is that we cannot exempt fans from watching and judging the team thru media because we are bored human beings with nothing else to look forward to after our busy work weeks. We simply cannot ignore it all.

We watch TV to hope that our team does well and the media runs it's proper course by reporting on our team and how they play. Problem here's that his media group is more or less interested in twisting shit and becomes a non hockey topic. Start with our recent shambles with feschuk. Is kessels work ethics even remotely related to hockey talk? It grabbed millions of fan attention but no. It was an idiot who wanted fame by making a goddamn story to entertain. Fuck his other explanation after it saying Oh that's why we don't do well. Change the culture? What the fuck? We gotta stop these jokers from gaining media attention and I honestly think it clears up a lotta unnecessary junk and clutter standing in between the management trying to look up at the future and us fans who long for their appropriate delivery of promise.

Yes all big market franchises have more of these joker media guys that like stirring shit up. Yanks/Cowboys red sox etc u name it. However I feel most of those franchises deal with those a bit better than we do here. Red sox went thru some embarrassing last 4 yrs with Bobby valentine as manager and finished goddamn last in Division in like 2010-2012. They made changes QIICKLY, president wrote a letter of profuse apologies to fans publicly and won the goddamn world series like 2 yrs after. See ur right kyle. Media shudnt deter a franchise from succeeding. But I feel that the leafs organization is too well connected with them for the worst to not have any effect in performance. What steps the leafs management from doing something similar? We didn't have a horrible core. We end up year after year using the excuse that Oh k this core just wasn't good. Truth to both sides but in the end I think we need better honest media AND better building headstrong management at the same time.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I get annoyed by the influence the media has on the casual fans. Kessel is right that Phaneuf is their best D and due to the way he is talked about you hear opinions by people who don't know a lot about hockey talking like he is a bottom pair D or worse and can't play hockey at a high level. It is definitely arguable that he is overpaid and being relied on and used too much, but he is a good player. Same with Kessel, he is one of the top point getters in recent years and he is talked down on like he is a detriment to the team since he isn't a Selke caliber defensive forward.

If Phaneuf and Kessel never played in Toronto and put up the same stats on the Coyotes then casual Leaf fans would listen to whoever the media says are the new scapegoats and wish they had Kessel and Phaneuf. There are much bigger issues with this team then Kessel and Phaneuf and if we get full value for them in a trade then I have no issues with moving them, but people who act like we should dump them for whatever we can get are clueless.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

if that team were to actually get someone who could feed kessel the puck and then get a dman to take the pressure off dion they'd be a good team.

Here's to draft a top line C and somehow getting a top pairing dman.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Dion Phaneuf is typically loud, vocal and energetic at Leaf skates. Pretty quiet, almost withdrawn a bit this morning
from jonas seigel
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Just so everyone knows. I wouldn't trade kessel for peanuts.

Phaneuf on the other hand? ;)
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Asking price from DET was Mantha + 1st apparently. Other GMs around the league value him and if we trade him we are going to get something decent, but probably not as good as the asking price from DET.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Tony wudve been pissed if that went thru lol
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Wow, Phanoof and Loopul are suing TSN and the author of that Tweet.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Coothbert claiming they actually had a consensual 3 some?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Guess whose back
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Back again