Announcement thread discussion

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Announcement thread discussion

Post by kyuss »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONYou can't blame Mike for taking the deal though can you, that's where what I said about patience and hte not so fun waiting game apply, I agree I wouldn't have ever moved McDavid as a rebuilder, but if Dallas felt it was the move to make can't really fault him for trying to improve either.
I think moving McDavid was the right move (be it before the draft, after the draft, or during this season) for a rebuilder, the problem is what he sold McDavid for..
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Well, aren't we trying to reflect the NHL?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I told him to at least have Jamie benn included in the mcdavid deal
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONThis isn't a rant about non playoff teams not being able to trade. you all have your heads too far up your own asses to see reason in that situation. It's the absolute lack of point of creating a special "deadline" for people that can't trade.
This has been discussed many times, yet I think no one has ever explained in any convincing manner why an earlier deadline would be 'special', whereas a late deadline would be 'pointless'
Explaining it in a convincing manner would require you to think outside of your own limited mindset, which so far you have completely refused to do.

Calling the last day you can trade a trade deadline, while effectively being the last week of a season and therefore the last day you can trade regardless of it being a so called "deadline", is pointless in that you could not trade anyways. regardless of the day. Since no one can trade during the post season, having a deadline that goes into effect on the last week of the regular season is like telling a candle wick that it can no longer burn once there is no wick left.

There is no consequence of having a "trade deadline" on the last week of the regular season. It has no effect on the standings. People couldn't trade anyways after the final roster lock.

Having it, say, 2 weeks earlier, forces people to make roster decisions. As an example from my team, " Do I really want to to stick with Vatrano , who will probably be up and down for the rest of the season, or do I want to go out and spend a 3rd rounder on Lecavalier, who is playing pretty good right now". I did that now and not later because it will have an effect on outcome of my season, however marginal. Adding Vinny for the final week of the regular season would have virtually no impact on the outcome of my regular season.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Good point.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

That's pretty much common sense what Lee is saying llol.tbe deadline is pointless lol. R u saying kyuss doesn't understand this? Lol

I knew this was pointless a while ago. I just didn't give a shit
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

you'd think.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Lee wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONThis isn't a rant about non playoff teams not being able to trade. you all have your heads too far up your own asses to see reason in that situation. It's the absolute lack of point of creating a special "deadline" for people that can't trade.
This has been discussed many times, yet I think no one has ever explained in any convincing manner why an earlier deadline would be 'special', whereas a late deadline would be 'pointless'
Explaining it in a convincing manner would require you to think outside of your own limited mindset, which so far you have completely refused to do.

Calling the last day you can trade a trade deadline, while effectively being the last week of a season and therefore the last day you can trade regardless of it being a so called "deadline", is pointless in that you could not trade anyways. regardless of the day. Since no one can trade during the post season, having a deadline that goes into effect on the last week of the regular season is like telling a candle wick that it can no longer burn once there is no wick left.
it seems you're concerned about semantics here. I care more about substance. If the trade deadline was on the last day of the RS it would still be a trade deadline and very important, for obvious reasons (playoffs).
There is no consequence of having a "trade deadline" on the last week of the regular season. It has no effect on the standings. People couldn't trade anyways after the final roster lock.
if the trade deadline has no effects on our standings that's only a plus. Bottom teams are worse after the deadline, if the deadline is earlier then we have even more uneven matchups. Trades at the deadline are aimed for the playoffs. If you want to make a trade for the RS standings, you can still do it whenever (earlier) you feel like.
Having it, say, 2 weeks earlier, forces people to make roster decisions. As an example from my team, " Do I really want to to stick with Vatrano , who will probably be up and down for the rest of the season, or do I want to go out and spend a 3rd rounder on Lecavalier, who is playing pretty good right now". I did that now and not later because it will have an effect on outcome of my season, however marginal. Adding Vinny for the final week of the regular season would have virtually no impact on the outcome of my regular season.
and? you can still do it earlier like you did while having a late deadline, it doesn't take away anything from you.

Once again I don't see valid reasons to have it earlier, whereas we have good reasons to have it later:
1 the G potential problem was never addressed (i.e. regulating an exception for when a G is injured and his NHL team trade for a new one), so having our deadline after the NHL one takes care of that
2 - It's fair for competing GMs to have a chance to react at NHL movements they have no control over ( and doing so NHL trades stimulate more activity at our deadline as well).
3 - it makes the BBKL trades hiatus more viable for non playoff teams' GMs (when it's too long GMs complain a lot and it creates an unhealthy period of inactivity for some of them)
4 - bottom teams can trade NHL players without missing too many GP
5- the later bottom teams get even worse, the better for our matchups

I may be forgetting some else as well
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Then by logic, one week before RS set as deadline would be most ideal
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Not reading all this shit but if you don't get why an earlier deadline makes more sense there's not much helping you. Lee's made a number of points. It increases potential risk and reward which increases enjoyment in the league from my perspective.

In saying that, a minor clause that allows for goalie oriented trades after NHL deadline is a good thing and really solves any potential issues.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONNot reading all this shit but if you don't get why an earlier deadline makes more sense there's not much helping you. Lee's made a number of points.
well if you don't take the time to read the replies there is not much 'helping you'..
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS thread

Post by Nick »

seems silly to deduct 60, a single infraction is all that was made of impact. 60 far outweighs the crime.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS thread

Post by Mike »

15 was the rule when we had 1 matchup per week, therefore 4 is equally weighted.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS thread

Post by Nick »

Mike wroteCOLON15 was the rule when we had 1 matchup per week, therefore 4 is equally weighted.
bah, my bad. I thought it was for 4 weeks. This makes sense given that.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS thread

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Mike wroteCOLONGMs have until the end of this weekend (2015-10-22) to complete their Google docs requirements for this season to date. This means one entry for roster submission and another for each subsequent week so far this season. Changes must accurately reflect Fantrax rosters as well as moves made in the transactions thread.

If you have any questions contact me or make a thread about it.

Failing to get up to date by the end of this weekend will result in a warning for removal. Three such infractions will lead to your removal.
bye bye half the league
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

kyuss wroteCOLON
Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONYou can't blame Mike for taking the deal though can you, that's where what I said about patience and hte not so fun waiting game apply, I agree I wouldn't have ever moved McDavid as a rebuilder, but if Dallas felt it was the move to make can't really fault him for trying to improve either.
I think moving McDavid was the right move (be it before the draft, after the draft, or during this season) for a rebuilder, the problem is what he sold McDavid for..
i've determined you have like a crush on me b/c I'm so good looking since you continue to say I moved McDavid for Krug, so obviously your reading comprehension ain't too shabby babygurl. Looking forward to so more friendly PMs from you calling my an asshole and idiot.......can't wait
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

Lee wroteCOLON
Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONTeams can definitely get better but it will take a long time, which involves a lot of patience and isn't a lot of fun for fantasy hockey, and it also involves a lot more luck than most are able to admit. The top heavy teams don't stay at the top because of early successes alone, they are active and good GMs and have also benefited from some good luck along the way.

That would be all well and good if the teams at the top stagnate in their development instead of continually add players like Connor McDavid for Torey Krug and some other spare parts.
Good thing I traded Krug spare part ass to you
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

Didn't you say something like Dallas did what he needed to do? Whatever fits the flavor of the week around here
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

No I didn't say that...
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONNo I didn't say that...
Postby Sensfanjosh » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:12 pm

I still liked my offer over this one but Dallas is making the moves he needs to.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12208&hilit=mcdavid&start=20
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to