Schedule

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Re: Schedule

Post by KapG »

Shep wroteCOLONI'll be honest, we fucked up and it essentially has ruined the entire season. The fact that our finals is usually 2 weeks and this year it looks like we're going to make it 6 days is absolutely horrendous. What a shitshow.
Well, on the bright aide of things we seem to have added a good number of new GMs which should be great for our league going forward.

You bring up a good point though. Kind of stinky, the situation is.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

The main thing we need to take away from the mistake is that it will not happen again.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Shep wroteCOLONI'll be honest, we fucked up and it essentially has ruined the entire season. The fact that our finals is usually 2 weeks and this year it looks like we're going to make it 6 days is absolutely horrendous. What a shitshow.
meh, 6 days vs 7 days - doesn't really matter.

it will still all be good fun to watch
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I'll help if u guys want
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

we can't just scrap next week's regular season games and start playoffs?
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONwe can't just scrap next week's regular season games and start playoffs?
I'm up for that. Tbh not sure what Sheppard so angry about he ain't even making the playoffs
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONwe can't just scrap next week's regular season games and start playoffs?
Easy for you to say when ur not in a neck and neck rqce for a playoff spot.

There are huge playoff implications for next week in the east....now we just gonna cancel that week 6 days before it starts?

That wouldn't be very cool. Maybe if this decision was made weeks ago....
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

KapG wroteCOLON

There are huge playoff implications for next week in the east....now we just gonna cancel that week 6 days before it starts?

next weeks regular season games shouldn't be happening anyways. also i'm neck in neck in a lottery race and the extra week would possibly help me get down further lol
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Then the CC should have made that decision weeks ago. I'd ts not like they didn't know about this, as per chuck they've been discussing it for a while now.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I'd prefer cancelling next week and not having a 6 day final, but I play Mike in the final week so maybe I'm a bit biased haha.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

I play easy PIT. so yes I want another reg season week plz
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Bruyns wroteCOLONI'd prefer cancelling next week and not having a 6 day final, but I play Mike in the final week so maybe I'm a bit biased haha.
Ur in the playoffs atm right? I'd want to cancel it as well if I was in them.

Fwiw I'm not implying that you don't deserve to be in them or anything like that.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

next weeks regular season games shouldn't be happening anyways.
to give you an example:

next week would be my first meeting Vs Dallas, a team in my division. I have faced Minnesota twice. StLuois has faced Dallas twice.

All other teams in my division have already faced Dallas. That includes Minnesota and Colorado, the two teams I'm up against in the standings (3 teams in 2pts).

Since I am directly affected, I didn't take part in the ruling on this matter, which unfortunately never arrived.

I guess there may be other similar situations in other divisions. So it's not an easy decision.

As for the CC failing hard on this one, that's obvious at this point, but I'd like to remind that any GM already in the league had access to our schedule and had our same chances to detect the problem when the schedule was created and GMs were asked to check if it was all right.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Do our job for us!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

I guess we give cc too much blind trust in a way that we assume we can as a League, be lazy enuff and at the same time "trust" that they will make everything operable. That was certainly my own take on the league logistics and was completely being the ignorant citizen of the "United States of BBKL"

Now I have opened eyes to see that this is a collective group effort if u want the league to run flawlessly. Some of us who still want good quality league and been around a while should be ashamed that this happened. Something for all of new and old to see.

Real life is bz and unfortunately some of us vets have either stepped down or become legitly inactive over the last offseason leading up to beginning of season. We understand such implications leads to confusion and discontent. Perhaps we shall all take some extra time off our bz schedules and start caring. As nick have repeatedly said the CC is not a hammer but a collective decision making group inputted by the LEAGUE. a lot of us were surprised the season ended up in such shambles but let's stand up and fight guys. I personally want Dave to be a small part of our logistics implementer. I am sure he doesn't mind sharing ideas he put forth from his iffhl to ensure smooth running league.

Not suggesting we clean out cc or our way of operation by any means. But WE DO need MORE people active in the operations group
Let's become China. Man power supercedes unreliastic unreliable pipe dreams
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Just a suggestion....

but we could use next weeks stats as week 23, and also Week 1 of playoffs.........simultaneously
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

week 23 could impact who we play week 1 playoffs is what the issue is for many.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Yes....use week 23 as last week of regular season....

then figure out playoff matchups

manually run them using week 23 stats to see who advances to round 2 (week 24)

then we can have final round last 2 weeks
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

man dave so smart it seems to make sense
but in reality i dont rly know what hes saying. can u explain simpler step by step
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

only thing I want to add to all of this, 6 day finals is not a bad thing.

the original reason, 7 championships ago, that we set a 2 period final, was that CBS had the final week of 3 days. 10 was better then 3. Many were opposed to the longer final and actually wanted us to stop the 3 days early.

This final week actually has the normal # of games in a week. The final day has every team playing.

it's not a bad situation and I feel like it's being overblown.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to