Trade: DET-NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Trade: DET-NSH

Post by Shoalzie »

To Detroit:
Christian Folin
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Wiercioch
2017 4th Rounder (SJ)

To Nashville:
Tyler Johnson
Valeri Nichushkin
2018 1st Rounder (DET)
2018 2nd Rounder (DET)
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Trade: DET-NSH

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONTo Detroit:
Christian Folin
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Wiercioch
2017 4th Rounder (SJ)

To Nashville:
Tyler Johnson
Valeri Nichushkin
2018 1st Rounder (DET)
2018 2nd Rounder (DET)
yeah, it's confirmed
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Why?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Mik and I have probably been talking about Tyler Johnson for several weeks. Talks were hot...then died...then came back alive...then stalled. Just recently, I was interested in Malkin and making a bold move to improve my team and not try to sell off a key player for futures.

I fill out my defense in the process. Fayne is hurt again. Folin is out for a couple more weeks but he's a guy I've wanted off Mik's team when we talking about Johnson. Wiercioch is another solid defenseman to add to the mix. I have a much deeper defense today than I had before.

The 2018 1st will be the hot button issue but hey, I don't blame on being awful in two years. I hope I can be pretty darn good team by that time. I love the idea of a Malkin-Trocheck 1-2 punch at center.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Mik wins.

Scott and I lose.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Cool.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

This is a great trade for both teams. Love it for both teams
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONMik and I have probably been talking about Tyler Johnson for several weeks. Talks were hot...then died...then came back alive...then stalled. Just recently, I was interested in Malkin and making a bold move to improve my team and not try to sell off a key player for futures.

I fill out my defense in the process. Fayne is hurt again. Folin is out for a couple more weeks but he's a guy I've wanted off Mik's team when we talking about Johnson. Wiercioch is another solid defenseman to add to the mix. I have a much deeper defense today than I had before.

The 2018 1st will be the hot button issue but hey, I don't blame on being awful in two years. I hope I can be pretty darn good team by that time. I love the idea of a Malkin-Trocheck 1-2 punch at center.
If you were just going to trade Johnson for Napkin, why didn't you just keep Matthews? Let alone give up your 1st next season? I just don't get this trade at all.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm well prepared for this to be panned. I'm trying establish a strong NHL level club and I've got a lot of draft picks and prospects that I want to wait on and be patient with.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I would have thought this was fair minus the 1st....not saying outright cutting the value but that first could be another all-star player
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONIf you were just going to trade Johnson for Napkin, why didn't you just keep Matthews? Let alone give up your 1st next season? I just don't get this trade at all.

Fair question. Without trading the 1st overall...I don't make the deal to nab Johnson to get Malkin and to get Pearson to get me Trocheck. I've got two top 20 centers...Malkin is a top 10 center. Those two are my centerpieces up front.

If I don't trade the Matthews pick. I don't have a lot of the players I've gotten since the spring. I need to document the final body count from trading the 1st overall, Subban and Sam Bennett.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Since you solved Mik's cap problems I probably would have stood pat on not including at least the 2nd if not the 1st. Hopefully Scott is right and it's not another top 5 pick going to Mik so this trade can be kind of fair.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It's going to be tough make the playoffs in the East any time soon but I don't think I'm going to be a pushover anymore.

Obviously, Mik's cap issue is solved and he's going to be able to unleash his young guys and put out a scary lineup.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Ouch. Not sure how a basement roster with low upside can improve without a deep pool of high-potential prospects and top picks
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

And including nichuskin
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Something that is probably getting lost a bit in this deal right now is how good Folin has been this year for the Wild. Just go and read some comments on him made this season inside the Wild organization, by Boudreau in particular.

Given my other Ds ready to step in Folin and Wiercioch were expendable for my team but that doesn't take away from the fact they've the upside to become more than what they're already as 25/26yrs old Ds. I believe most NHL defensemen come into their own at the NHL level around that age.

Still, even if Malkin + Folin + Wiercioch >> TJ, I like that I was eventually able to find a deal that at least gives me a chance of winning it long term, should Nichushkin and that 1st pan out a few yrs from now.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Fair

Just because i know how refeshing and calm it makes u feel to hear others say this in the midst of trade bashing
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

I think without the 2nd would have been fair. Nich is a bust. Don't love it for scott but not the end of the world. Dream deal for mik.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

If this deal hadn't come along Mik may have needed to do rnh + late 1st.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

LordQuack wroteCOLONIf this deal hadn't come along Mik may have needed to do rnh + late 1st.
over my dead body
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to