Negotiate your trades here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Trade: ANA-DET

Post by Shoalzie »

Doesn't cost nearly as much to get up to 1100 skater GP. You can grab a 4th liner for a 3rd or 4th round pick...or even less. The catch with goaltending is there aren't a lot of them to go around.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

KapG wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONEichel* was a generational talent. And with Bennett & Ekblad developing, that pick could be the 10th to 15th overall pick.
Lol, two players (one of which isn't an NHLer yet) are gonna move a perennial bottom 2 team up 8-13 spots in 2 seasons? You raped a bottom team for a likely top 3 pick, no need to try to make it look like anything else.
I am a bottom team. Maybe everyone else shouldnt have been demanding Bennett from him for their unproven goaltenders? Markets dictate.

But yeah, i do think he will begin to move up the standings if he holds onto those 2 players.
You're right, they shouldn't have demanded Bennett. The goalie minimum should be changed so bottom teams don't have to give up valuable assets just to avoid a fine.
I agree.

Hate that Scott has to pay so much for a mediocre at best goalie
+1
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Matthew wroteCOLONEichel* was a generational talent. And with Bennett & Ekblad developing, that pick could be the 10th to 15th overall pick.
Lol, two players (one of which isn't an NHLer yet) are gonna move a perennial bottom 2 team up 8-13 spots in 2 seasons? You raped a bottom team for a likely top 3 pick, no need to try to make it look like anything else.
Keeping it 100.......I'll say it I ain't scared......fuck you for ripping the nicest guy off in BBK you asshole
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONThe asking price was high around the league for a backup, let alone a starter. I talked to San Jose about Keumper and Mrazek and Colorado about Talbot along with Anaheim who had Dubnyk and Smith. Those were my three best team options to get a goalie. Scrivens with another a backup might've gotten me to the minimum GP but the price for backups were a bit much and the idea of splitting up Bennett into smaller assets that I can move became an option.

I'll take this hit for trading this pick but my shot at a high pick in '16 and not getting penalized for goalie GP won't be an issue. Plus, I'm safely above the floor and I can focus on making actual trades to work on my lineup and not make desperate survival trades.
I was never approached about a backup who I have one the block......wish you would have asked me Scott.....sad for you
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Hammond from Dave was another option but Scott needs more than just a backup
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Wow...this is bad. I'm not sure what more Scott could have done here, but Matthew totally ripped him off.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Negotiated. Knowing the value of one's own assets is important. If you don't negotiate, then you won't get an idea of how other's perceive the value.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

You can say whatever you like. You got one over here Matthew.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONYou can say whatever you like. You got one over here Matthew.
Bingo

Not sure why Matthew is so defensive (see the long explanations defending his position here). We all would have pulled the trigger too if we were in his shoes.

Just sucks seeing Scott do this. I feel bad.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I wouldn't beat up on Matt too much...he wins the eyeball test of the trade. He preferred the big 3 assets and I settled on this. It's not like I had some mid-to-late 1st rounders I could offer unless I made some other deals. This is kind of where the trade Bennett idea came from but I'm kinda glad I didn't do that. I'd feel better giving up later 1st rounders instead of my potential lottery pick in 2017. I traded the 4th most valuable asset on my team in my view. We'll see what that pick will even be in two years. I'm probably a top 5 pick this year.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

KapG wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONJust sucks seeing Scott do this. I feel bad.

I don't want pity because I went with the Edmonton goalies for a few years. I'm still very excited about what I have to look forward to.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI wouldn't beat up on Matt too much...he wins the eyeball test of the trade. He preferred the big 3 assets and I settled on this. It's not like I had some mid-to-late 1st rounders I could offer unless I made some other deals. This is kind of where the trade Bennett idea came from but I'm kinda glad I didn't do that. I'd feel better giving up later 1st rounders instead of my potential lottery pick in 2017. I traded the 4th most valuable asset on my team in my view. We'll see what that pick will even be in two years. I'm probably a top 5 pick this year.

You could have traded your pick for literally any other pick in the first round, got nothing else in that deal and he still would have been estatic to make this deal.

The only way Smith has any value at all during the rest of his career is if he gets traded from Arizona, and that is still a very limited time frame.

Nice guy or not, you need to start making smarter trades if you ever want out of the basement.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Pick won't have any impact for 3-4 seasons from now. But damn I like this for Matthew. When Smith was on he was pretty overrated in my opinion, and now he's off.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

So this trade actually turned out pretty fair, tbh...

Scrivens (KHL) + 12th overall in a weak draft
For
Mike Smith ( starter doing decent) + arz 3rd rounder 2016 (Joseph woll)

I'd say a starter + 3rd for mid 1st may actually be a win for shoalzie. Shit. Didn't see this coming. I guess you never know where a first is gonna end up when you grab it 2 years out.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I like the way frazer comments
Very professional and opinionated
Doesnt hurt others
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Scott got up to 18th eh, not bad.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Ugh, 13th when you include vegas.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Well only if it's a weak draft... if it's like 2015 or 2016.. i still like it a bit for you but yeah a starter is hard to come by... but a potential top line player from a good draft year is even harder to come by...
#91 - John Tavares
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONSo this trade actually turned out pretty fair, tbh...

Scrivens (KHL) + 12th overall in a weak draft
For
Mike Smith ( starter doing decent) + arz 3rd rounder 2016 (Joseph woll)

I'd say a starter + 3rd for mid 1st may actually be a win for shoalzie. Shit. Didn't see this coming. I guess you never know where a first is gonna end up when you grab it 2 years out.
Karma. Still a good trade for you regardless.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to