Detroit Trading Block: Preseason 2015-16 (Updated 10/7)

Negotiate your trades here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Detroit Trading Block: Preseason 2015-16 (Updated 10/7)

Post by Shoalzie »

Actively Shopping:
*C Stephen Gionta -- ASKING PRICE: 2nd round pick or Two 3rd round picks*
*C Shawn Horcoff -- ASKING PRICE: Two 2nd round picks*
*C David Legwand -- ASKING PRICE: 2nd round pick + 3rd round pick*
*W Tanner Glass -- ASKING PRICE: 4th round pick*

Available for Upgrade:
T.B.D.

Not Likely to Move:
T.B.D.

Untouchable:
T.B.D.

(*=Waiver Exempt)
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Detroit Trading Block: Offseason 2015

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Go to my team, tell me what you want for Bennett

I have NYR 1st in 2016 + a lot of top prospects now and young players.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

keep him and build around him. he is a core piece and you will end up trading him for shit.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

If he builds around him it will take years for him to re-build. He either has to trade him now for multiple assets, or trade him in a yr or 2 once he has proven himself to be a stud NHL'er. He may have higher worth now than in 2 yrs though. He will need to split assets eventually. If he can get a return like i received for kane then it will speed up his rebuild a lot. PS - thats the return i'd be looking for if in your situation, otherwise it doesnt make sense. 3 really good prospects and one a little less down but that you like. Prospects are better than picks.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Rebuilds in this league do take years, I'd say 3 at minimum depending what you have to start with, Lee, Paul and a few others here can attest to how long it takes to get a respectable roster together. Trying to rush a rebuild doesn't work eithr, you really do need to be patient
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Oh, I know it will take at least 3 years. I expect my own to take 3 years. But I think if he just holds Bennett and Ekblad forever, his rebuild will take like 6 years to be competitive. He would need to rebuild just based on adding a player in the draft each year, and then for that player to also develop.

And ftr, i have no interest in either player. they are out of my price range.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

That may be the case, but once he's traded those two pieces for 3 pieces each and only 3 of those 6 pieces pans out in 2 years is he really better off than he'd be having held onto Ekblad and Bennett and added 2 more lottery pieces to his core? Like anyone can trade a bunch of good young prospects for NHLers good enough to make you into a fringe playoff team, but that isn't really the goal, and real success against LAK, NSH, TOR etc is going to take a long time for most teams at this point.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONLike anyone can trade a bunch of good young prospects for NHLers good enough to make you into a fringe playoff team, but that isn't really the goal
Is that a shot at Lee haha

I see Matthew's point since you aren't going to become a contender by adding one or 2 good players a year in the draft. I believe rebuilding teams need to multiply assets, make smart trades and get lucky a few times.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Which is why i pointed out prospects over picks. imo, close to NHL ready prospects. They have a much higher success rate. I just believe Bennett is a good piece to move if he can grab Scott 4 first round talents. Although, he may not be able to get that in return until Bennett is at max value, in a couple yrs.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONLike anyone can trade a bunch of good young prospects for NHLers good enough to make you into a fringe playoff team, but that isn't really the goal

I see Matthew's point since you aren't going to become a contender by adding one or 2 good players a year in the draft. I believe rebuilding teams need to multiply assets, make smart trades and get lucky a few times.

Hey man, we all can't walk into a team loaded with talent. I'll put my boys up against yours any day. The trick is to build around young, value improving assets. My oldest roster player is Brandon Dubinsky at 28.

Fine, there's Vanek as well, but he's a complimentary piece.
Last edited by 1 on Lee, edited 0 times in total.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Bruyns wroteCOLON

No not at all, Lee's done well imo, I'm more so just saying that the difference between a fringe playoff team and a lottery team isn't usually all that huge, and a few deals mortgaging the future can bridge that gap- but what's the point in getting knocked out first or second round each year. Supposing Scott gets 4 or 5 prospects for Bennett then he's still waiting for them to make an impact, same as he would with Bennett an Ekblad except those prospects may actually ruin his chances to land real impact players at the top tier of the draft. Cheap depth NHLers and middling prospects are always available cheap at certain times of the year, I wouldn't move top prospects for them myself.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

This whole thing is more a testing of the waters. It seems a bit early to move him considering there's not a large sample size of games. I don't really know if I'd be selling low or high on him. Last season was sort of a lost year for him and hard to judge a dozen playoff games and project that over a full 82. I've got a pretty good grasp on Ekblad and I can only imagine he keeps getting better.

There's been some decent kicks at the tires but what would move things along is to get some really good secondary assets in the deal. I don't want to get a guy pretty close to Bennett in value and just get a small adds in the way of picks or prospects. I'd like a few useful assets with the potential of value growth.

I probably don't see the right deal being out there right now. I've got some concerns with how I'll acquire another goalie this summer and I'm just below the floor right now but there's a couple months to sort that out. I don't want to sacrifice guys like Bennett or Ekblad for get-me-over options. If I'm trading guys with long term value, I'd want assets with long term value coming back.

This season, I will see the largest influx of my own prospects going pro. Several guys have signed their ELC and I'll get to see them at the AHL level. I want to get to the point where I'm filling needs in my lineup internally with my own prospects...that's probably a couple years away.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Write more paragraph essays on how you didn't sell Bennett yet bro
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Helpful as usual, Paul.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

I still haven't heard anything.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

maybe because you offered a mid first and mediocre prospects.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

I didnt offer anything.

I told him to look at my roster and pick some players and prospects he liked. You still being a cunt even mid summer. I have a really hard time picturing you in a social setting. You come across as a social jerkoff people avoid. Pretty sad life to live.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Lol
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

pot meets kettle. you're such a hypocrite.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to