Re: Mike Ribeiro

Post by kimmer »

wow matthew laying it down sayin fuck you i aint stupid wow
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Thats the point of adding 2 or 3 extra people in a 3 or 4 way, super Neal. Might not be what you want but together or split up as assets might be perfect fit for someone. Think about it.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Who is super neal
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Iggy+1st for riberio. Why is that not posted LOL. ana rapes
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONIggy+1st for riberio. Why is that not posted LOL. ana rapes
Anaheim does not rape. No one offered Cam anything for that package for a reason in his own thread.

Anaheim is in rebuild. Anaheim doesnt want a 37 year old. a 30th overall pick in 2016 doesnt change that. At all. Ribeiro is a close to point per game big faceoff center. Anaheim can get more than Iggy + 1st.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Ana has not been offered more for a reason? Same logic u just said about iggy can be used here. Id easily take that package and then flip iggy for more youth.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Steve gets it.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

ya, logic behind this confuses me.

Jerome (37 years old) = 14 points
2016 1st Round pick

for

Riberio (35 years old) = 17 points

that 1st round pick adds nice value to a rebuilding team. I'd have to think on name value alone Jerome has as much value as Riberio. But that's just how i break it down. I'd personally rather have Jerome. To me that deal should have been posted yesterday and the win would have gone to Ana. What's going to happen here is the same thing that always happens:

1) guys asking price is too high on hot player
- player gets cold OR
- player gets injured OR
- player doesn't play top line anymore

(value lost)

we've seen it happen over and over to new guys. Such a shame he's going to miss out on a deal like this. But again, that's just my opinion.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Wait a new guy doesn't know league value?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Lol good lesson stev
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONAna has not been offered more for a reason? Same logic u just said about iggy can be used here. Id easily take that package and then flip iggy for more youth.
I asked around to a lot of people about acquiring iggy for youth if I trade for him. No one wants to give up youth for him. I do my research. And Ribeiro is a 34 year old Center, not 35.

Right now Ribeiro fits into a select group of Centermen(14) that have as many points and faceoffs as him in this league. They are listed in the OP. They all have a significantly higher cap than Ribeiro and would cost a lot more to obtain. A 70 point Centerman making 1 million isn't going to be traded for a second round pick and a 37 year old winger making 6 million.

Hell, Brad Richards brought in a lot more than this. He is the same age, a 2nd line centerman getting 7 minutes less a game, scoring less, and getting half as many faceoffs. With a 2 million dollar cap hit.

Henrik Sedin is a 70 point Centerman making 7 million and he got Gaudreau. And yeah, the 1st round pick is more like an early 2nd.

Cam knows my asking price. It is high, yes. If he isn't comfortable paying it that is okay. He should do a deal that makes him comfortable.

There is no Centerman on Nashville that could take Ribeiros 1st line time spot. A trade would have to happen. He is playing with Neal and Forsberg, so while he could get cold, he should still put up points by playing with those two.

Injuries happen. Nothing is stopping me from holding onto him. I'd rather wait for what I want.
Last edited by 1 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

I can respect waiting for what you want. All the power to you. Its your player, you can do as you please.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I believe what steve is saying is you will end up never getting the value you want because ribby is at a high right now but the entire league knows he will cool off be hurt or retire sooner rather than later and even this past offseason had trouble finding a contract. Iggy on the other hand has been a steady producer and simply is better regarded in the league... nothing stops you from keeping your stud though thats true.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Best post ana has ever written. Now I take his side instead of stebe
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

ya, i'm not here to tell you to take the deal, i'm saying he's making a rookie mistake and overplaying his hand. Adding a 1st (even if late) is good value to essentially flip a center for a winger who actually does more h2h.

People can do what they wish with their players, but a guy like Riberio doesn't even make my team where a player like Iggy would.
Therefore one has to assume iggy would have as much value to a contender depending on needs. Like i said above that was my opinion and if i'm being frank i dont really care if or when Riberio is traded as long term ANA is my direct compeition.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

It is opinions formed due to different perspectives that make this league OG. love this shit.
But then there is Lee's opinion, on the other hand..
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

kimmer wroteCOLONBest post ana has ever written. Now I take his side instead of stebe
How? a lot of info many wouldn't agree with.

Brad Richards certainly didn't bring in more than Iggy +1st

Dwight King + 2nd + 3rd is better than Iggy + 1st? that's some twisted logic if you consider that better.

Either way, i'll stay out of here, seems to me a lot of weird value being put on players (and by calling a guy who's FOW percentage is 43%) a beast on faceoffs is a bit of a false selling feature as well.

Riberio has as many faceoff wins as Frans Neilson (by comparison) and Frans rotates from wing to C throughout the game (winning about 6-7 per game) A beast of faceoffs is someone who can win 12-20 a game (crosby, Getz, Bergeron, Toews, Sedin, etc...)

now dont get me wrong Riberio adds value to a contender, but he's going to be used as someone's 4th or 5th centerman, he isn't a center piece and if he is a center piece player on your roster you aren't a contender.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Not many Contenders have 6 million in cap. And looking at your team, I don't think you keep Ribeiro or Iggy. Neither would do shtoi.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLONBest post ana has ever written. Now I take his side instead of stebe
How? a lot of info many wouldn't agree with.

Brad Richards certainly didn't bring in more than Iggy +1st

Dwight King + 2nd + 3rd is better than Iggy + 1st? that's some twisted logic if you consider that better.

Either way, i'll stay out of here, seems to me a lot of weird value being put on players (and by calling a guy who's FOW percentage is 43%) a beast on faceoffs is a bit of a false selling feature as well.

Riberio has as many faceoff wins as Frans Neilson (by comparison) and Frans rotates from wing to C throughout the game (winning about 6-7 per game) A beast of faceoffs is someone who can win 12-20 a game (crosby, Getz, Bergeron, Toews, Sedin, etc...)

now dont get me wrong Riberio adds value to a contender, but he's going to be used as someone's 4th or 5th centerman, he isn't a center piece and if he is a center piece player on your roster you aren't a contender.
It was Dwight King + two 2nds + 3rd + 4th.

Bostons 1st is between 27-30th in 2016
Last edited by 3 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Matthew wroteCOLON Bostons 1st is between 27-30th in 2016
maybe

guy has no depth and hates to trade, by then half of his team may retire and that pick could be a lot higher. Cam has 0 depth and little value in his minors, it's hard to improve a roster 2 years down the road without depth in your system

i'll say that pick is 20-23 at worst in 2016
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to