WASH/PIT

Negotiate your trades here.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: WASH/PIT

Post by kimmer »

Oh btw if mike is Thom's friend, he shud be ashamed of himself for this x2 already
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

bills09 wroteCOLONPretty sure Polak for Dumba is a fair swap
lol, pretty sure thats what I did...

Started with: Mac, Polak, Miller (7.3M)

Ended up with: DMack, DMoore (2.8M), Carrick, Dumba, Rattie, Fasching, Nedeljkovic

Sure best player is Macarthur, but I think he peaked last year, Polak is replaceable (excess on my team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the press box at some point this season), and I added two cheap, productive centres when I was well over cap (save 5M) and have fisher injured, along with some solid prospects...

Shiv's team was good, but it wasn't going to win and a lot of the guys are gonna be retired/out of a job sooner than later.
tyler
PostsCOLON 1458
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm
LocationCOLON Vancouver, BC.

Post by tyler »

SuperMario wroteCOLONJesus...Traded MacArthur + Polak for Myers. Then Myers + + for this...
You also pull off trades that no one else in the league can pull off with your whitty ways of convincing.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Get me plekanek bro
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Other_Mike wroteCOLON
bills09 wroteCOLONPretty sure Polak for Dumba is a fair swap
lol, pretty sure thats what I did...

Started with: Mac, Polak, Miller (7.3M)

Ended up with: DMack, DMoore (2.8M), Carrick, Dumba, Rattie, Fasching, Nedeljkovic

Sure best player is Macarthur, but I think he peaked last year, Polak is replaceable (excess on my team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the press box at some point this season), and I added two cheap, productive centres when I was well over cap (save 5M) and have fisher injured, along with some solid prospects...

Shiv's team was good, but it wasn't going to win and a lot of the guys are gonna be retired/out of a job sooner than later.

You did fine. The best thing you have going is that you didn't move any of your top guys. The cap room obviously gives you some flexibility.

Shiv's approach seemed to be putting all value/productivity into his NHLers at the expense carrying little or no picks or prospects. He went with the classic "win now" model. His team isn't full of guys past their prime though...plenty of guys in their prime years but being a cap team, it probably made it tricky to make moves when there was an injury. He had to move guys off his active roster to make up for an injury. He had one of the most talented rosters but very little in organizational depth.

The term I've used a lot to how I'd like to build my team is to have "sustainability". You want a quality team at the NHL level while having prospects at varying levels of development so over the years, as guys grow into NHL talent, you backfill with more new prospects so you have a constant pipeline and you get to the point where making trades is a luxury, not a necessity. If you have a surplus of talent, you can obviously make moves and improve other areas. I want to get past the point where I'm trading good prospects just to fill out my NHL roster. I want to have a complete NHL team and then be able to utilize my prospects as a feeder system, not as currency.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Pavelski
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

SuperMario wroteCOLONJesus...Traded MacArthur + Polak for Myers. Then Myers + + for this...
only...the deal where he got Myers was far from the one you suggested.

The only problem is what he then traded Myers for, i.e. this deal.

The few times i've seen DUMBa play along the last 2 seasons he was crap.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

thom54 wroteCOLONO_M don't need no trade buddy approval. He was clear Aug 7. Why the Dumba hate I don't know. It's risky either way, I hope it works out for both of us. Myers better live up to that 'potential' or his fucking 5.5 is an anchor.
Considering your request for Myers, you actually don't seem concerned at all about his deal becoming an anchor, lol
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

LOL
miks deal call-out cuz mad. Haven't seen one in a while
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to